Friday, August 23, 2013

Trip Reflections

On August 2, my friends (and directors of BG) the Geurinks and I headed out on a 3 week long trip to promote BG.  I was excited for the journey.  I couldn't sleep much the night before we left, because I was so ready to just get out on the road and share what God has done at BG.  There are so many stories to share, that I don't know where to begin.  Instead of telling you all of them, here are a few highlights...

1. Road trips are awesome.  Driving to Topeka and then to Denver, allowed for a lot of fun conversation.  I feel as though I know the Bryan and Anita a lot more because of the talks we had.  I am so blessed to be able to work with them as well as be friends with them.  They are my brother and sister.  Many times in our journey we all looked at each other and said, "Like it or not you are stuck with me for the rest of you life."

2. Adoptive parents are so amazing.  Hearing their stories of how long they had to wait and how the process went for them, was good to hear.  We at BG see and experience the other side of adoption.  We have waiting children that need homes and love.  All too often I forget the other side of adoption, which are the waiting families, who have an empty space in their home and love to give.  My eyes and heart were opened up to their stories and the way some of them choose to have a family through adoption, not because of infertility, but because they knew there were many children around the word that need a family.

3. People are so giving.  From the very first day on the trip, we were given great places to stay in.  So many people opened up their homes to us and their lives to us.  The late night conversations, the meals and the games, proved to me that there are many people in the BG family and many people who are fighting for the fatherless children around the world.  To the Brower's, Willet's, Wilde's, Domonkos', Kozak's, Baker's and Spykstra's, thank you so much for making the trip incredible.  Your gifts and time were so appreciative.  Thank you for conversations full of joy and encouragement.

4. To Sun Rise, CrossRidge, CrossPoint, The River, Ontario Christian, Capistrano Valley, The Grove and any other school church or organization I may have missed.  Thank you for taking time to hear about BG and for being willing to take the next step in partnering with us.  The road ahead will be a great adventure full of God's plan.  Hang on, we are in this together.

5. To all the individuals that met with us throughout our journey to hear about BG.  Thank you for taking time to stand out above the "norm" and doing something to make a difference in the world.

6. To the Geurinks...Thank you for being such good travel partners.  I couldn't have done this journey without you.  Your joy, encouragement and love were a blessing.  Remember you are stuck with me no matter if you like it or not.  To infinity and beyond. :)

Thank you to all who made the trip possible.  It was a great 3 weeks full of God's promises.  Many times throughout the trip the only I could do was smile.  God is so good.  Everything I have faced in life has led me up to this point, so that God could use me for His good.  I know that I am right where He wants me to be.

1 comment: