Friday, September 13, 2013

1 Year

It has been one year since I said goodbye to my dear friend Lindy.  One year and I still miss her so much.  Lindy and I had a fun relationship, that was full of encouragement, support and a lot of laughter.  There were many times throughout this year that I would pick up my phone and desire to call or text her, many times that I opened my email and longed to see her name bolded in the inbox, many times in which I wanted to her voice saying "Hey Terparoni!" 

She was one of my biggest cheerleaders when it came to working for Beautiful Gate.  In 2010, she emailed me at least once every week.  While I was home, she always challenged me to stay focused and live boldly.  During our last conversation together, she grabbed my face, looked into my eyes and said, "No matter where you go, my friend, I have your back."  God gave me many glimpses of Lindy throughout this year and I rejoice for those.  On my way to BG, from the airport in January, I saw a sign and smiled.  The sign said, "Lindy's B&B."  Before she passed away she asked me to play the song 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman.  In February, when we lost 3 babies in 4 days, Bryan and Anita approached me and asked if I had heard Redman's new song, 10,000 Reasons and would I be willing to play it for the staff.  All I could do was smile and say, "I hear you friend.  Take care of my babies."  This past week I stayed at a friend's cottage to be still.  While driving up, I had a feeling my turn was coming, so I started being intentional about looking at the road signs.  The first sign I saw, "Lindy Rd."  Once again I just smiled.  No matter what side of the world I am on, she has got my back.  When I got home in July, her dad wrapped his arms around me and said, "Lindy isn't hear to say this, so I will.  She loved you very much Terp.  She, her mom and I are so proud of you."  Needless to say we both had a good cry in the back of church.

Lindy, my friend, I miss you so much but I know that you are right where you need to be, so I can't be jealous that you are not here.  You have lived a full year cancer free, healthy and whole, sitting at the feet of your maker worshipping Him.  Your life on earth is still a testimony to your faith in God.  Thank you for being in my corner and always making me smile.  Thank you for "showing up" along the road this past year.  Thank you for teaching me what it means to be bold with my faith.  You knew the urgency that we all need to have about spreading the good news of Jesus Christ.  I will not stop, my friend.  I will not stop sharing the joy, the grace and the hope that only comes through a relationship with Him.  I love you friend.  Thanks for having my back.

I want to encourage all of you to celebrate Lindy this weekend the way she would want you to.  Serve others, live life to the full and worship God with everything you have.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Terp for sharing your heart again. While reading your post, I shed tears of sadness for the loss of such a dear friend and Godly child and tears of joy of how God and Lindy showed up for you throughout the year. Thanks for the reminder and encouragement of how we need to live. Love you! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete