Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Oh Canada!!

I know it has been a few days since a photo or a post, but that is because Canadians know how to have a good time. :)  In the past six days I have hiked through beautiful landscapes, played at lake, gone to a water park, biked around Stanley Park in Vancouver, been reunited with a number of children that were very special to me along the journey and had many conversations with some really cool people.  I also have spoken at Sunrise Agency, CrossRidge Church, had a meeting with the directors of The Mohale Project and participated in a 5K run/walk (that actually was a 6K).

When Bryan and Anita asked me to come on this trip so that they could introduce me to the supporters of BG in Canada and California, I was very excited.  We called it the "Triangle Trip" because our route of Colorado, Canada and California for a triangle.  After spending the past 6 days in Canada, the "Triangle Trip" has new meaning to me.

Through all my trips to and from BG, I have fallen in love with the staff and the children.  I feel as though they are a part of who I am and will always have a place in my heart.  This week, I have discovered the other aspect of BG and that is the adoptive families.  They are my heroes.  Talking and laughing with them this week has shown me how special they are.  They are parenting to the extreme.  They are welcoming children into their lives as their own and loving them as if they never were apart from each other.  They face struggles, like any other family does, but they face them with a determination to overcome.  It is as if their child or children's desire to stay alive, through whatever life they lived before joining their family, is the desire they family has as well.  Some of the people I have met this week have chosen to have a family through adoption, not because of a medical condition, but because they believe it is right.  I applaud them for going against the status quo and loving their children with the love every parent should have for their child, no matter how they became a family.

My Triangle...
~ The children at BG live to be innocent no matter what conditions they have faced.
~ The staff at BG work to keep the children healthy and help them grow happy and strong.
~ The families strive to find ways to welcome these children into their lives, so that they can become all that God created them to be.

To every one that I have met this week, THANK YOU for showing me how beautiful Vancouver is.  It is beautiful not because of the mountains, rivers and lakes, but because of the people in it.

One of the cool families I had the privilege of getting to know this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment