Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Prayer Request and Day 5 pictures

Yesterday was one of those days in which I needed a lot of grace.  My attitude was not good.  My conversations with others were focused on me.  Pretty much I was struggling and I didn't know why.  Those that were around me were very gracious towards even though my actions were not focused on the body of Christ.  I would like to think that everyone has days like this, but maybe I am wrong. 

Yesterday was a day to relax.  I didn't have any meetings or presentations to do.  One would think that I would be very excited about this, but I wasn't...I was agitated.  Nothing seemed right.  Simple jokes that normally would make me laugh stressed me out.  It truly felt that something came and over took my emotions and I wasn't me.

Today I had a meeting in Denver, which is about an hour and a half away from where the Geurinks and I are staying.  When I got in the car, I prayed.  I asked God for some type of explanation as to why yesterday was so bad.  I pleaded for an answer, because I didn't even like myself yesterday, so I can only imagine how much I frustrated those around me.  After some time of just speaking out loud, I have come to the realization, that I no longer know how to relax.  In fact the thought of having a day with nothing on my agenda brings up a lot of anxiety.  I know that God desires us to have Sabbath days and take time to relax.  I know that my calendar sometimes has very full weeks and sometimes does not, so I should not feel guilty for taking a day off.  I know that because of everything I have experienced, my emotions are not the best.  I also know that I always have a hard time turn off the processor on my brain.  Yesterday was a day in which God designed for me to rest in Him, and I blew it...BIG TIME!!!  All I could do was think about the stuff that I could do to prepare myself for the next week.  When I thought about just sitting down and doing nothing, I got extremely anxious and that is when my attitude and demeanor changed.  Friends, I am struggling.  I know I need to relax, but I physically and emotionally can't.  Please pray that God will give me peace when I have days to relax so that God's desires of a healthy body, mind and spirit can occur.  Also pray for those around me, because if I can't get along with myself, I am sure they are struggling with it as well. 

Now for what you really want... DAY 5 PICTURES...

My meeting in Denver today was with Michelle Pitts.  Michelle contact me in in March of 2012, when Bryan was in Michigan on his fundraising tour.  Michelle has a great story of how she became connected with BG.  Her heart wants to help the children and staff and it shows with the things she does.  Recently she put a jar out on her desk for her co workers to put their loose change in.  Today she handed me the jar.  She had raised $26.22, by simply putting a jar on her desk.  What a great thing.  Thank you Michelle and co-workers for your service to BG.


1 comment:

  1. Praying you have peace on those days...being ok with doing nothing on your days of rest....that's what rest is...no homework, no agenda....go with the flow, chill, kick back, enjoy the moment, watch those around you, listen to creation, sit and be still...:) If you ever need advice on doing nothing..just ask me..I'm pretty good at it! Give yourself a break and don't be too hard on yourself...you are awesome and God thinks so too!
    Karen B :)

    ReplyDelete