Thursday, August 1, 2013

"The Triangle Trip"

For months now Bryan, Anita and I have been talking about the "triangle trip."  Tomorrow the journey begins!!!  Friday morning we drive to Topeka, Kansas and are there until Sunday.  Sunday we drive to Denver, Colorado and are there until Wednesday.  Wednesday we fly to Vancouver, Canada and we are there until the following Tuesday.  We then fly to California and are there for a week before flying back to Colorado.  Once in Colorado, we separate and I fly back to Michigan and the Geurinks go on a much needed vacation (because anyone who has spent that much time with me in close corridors deserves a vacation). :) I am excited about this trip for a number of reasons...

1) We begin the journey as a road trip. I LOVE ROAD TRIPS!!!!!! I love driving for long periods of time, seeing different parts of the country and all the fun road trip activities that happen along the journey.

2) We will be talking about the children and staff at BG. I don't think I need to elaborate anymore.

3) I will be spending time with the Geurinks.  This produces a lot of fun emotions and I am sure will also produce some pretty cool memories.

4) In Vancouver, we get to spend time with some of pretty awesome children who once lived at BG.  I can't wait to hang out with these families and just experience life together.

5) We will be able to see some friends in California that I have met along my BG journey.

6) We will be talking about the children and staff at BG. (I know I said this already, but it is an honor to represent them to the world.)

7) I am sure God is going to bless us more than we can ever imagine through the interactions with each other and with the people we meet.

Please pray that this trip is full of God's mercies.  We know they are new EVERY morning and it will be a joy to explain the way God has shown His mercy to BG.  Also pray that we have opportunities to talk to the right people.  God knows who needs to be a part of the BG family, wither through adoption, financial support or prayer support and by volunteering.  We pray that He directs our trip and makes it very clear who we need to speak to.

Keep checking the blog and Facebook.  We are going to try and post at least 1 picture everyday of our highlights on the journey.  Thank you for all that have made this trip possible!!!!

1 comment: