Thursday, July 25, 2013

Life Lately

I have really been enjoying my time back at home.  My days are filled with meeting with supporters of BG and of me.  I love being able to sit down and share with people the stories that I have been able to be a part of.  I am so thankful for the journey the God has me on.  I pray it is His story and His love that people see and experience whenever I am with them.

I know I have said this before,  but I truly feel like I live in 2 different places.  My heart is happy to be here and see those I missed, but my mind is always wondering what is going on in Lesotho.  For the most part, I am doing okay with it.  A few days ago my nephew Jake asked me if we could go and do something, just him, me and his siblings.  It was funny to me how he said that he wanted to be with me without mom and dad or grandpa and grandma.  We had a fun afternoon together and I soaked up all the cuddles and love that they each gave me.  It is moments like this that Make me glad to be back.  But then after dropping them off, I got an email from a volunteer at BG.  It was a good email that contained 3 precious pictures of the little guy at BG that I love so much.  My heart rejoiced in seeing him smile and laughing, but I was also very sad.  Does he remember me? Does he remember the many sleepless nights he and I had together?  Does he remember the moments I would work with him on getting him to pull himself up and stand while holding my hands?  You see friends, living in 2 different places is good, because I get to see those I love on both sides of the world as well as serve God by sharing His love to those I meet.  But living on 2 different sides of the world is also hard, because I feel like I am never fully present in either spot.  My heart and my mind are forever separated.

Life lately is good.  I have been able to sit and reflect a lot about my time in Lesotho and prepare myself for sharing BG with those I meet.  On August 2, the Geurinks and I take off for a 3 week speaking tour out west.  I know God is going before me and the Geurinks and paving the way for us to share His broken heart for the beautiful children at BG.


1 comment:

  1. It must seem strange to have two homes and have that torn feeling. It always helps to know that you are doing exactly what God has called you to do! He provides in all ways doesn't He? :)
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete