Friday, April 19, 2013

Worn

Thank you all for your prayers, notes of encouragement and support through another tough week at BG.  All week long people have been asking me how I am doing, and I really could never answer.  Last night, Anita and I shared our hearts with each other and as we sat and talked through our emotions, I felt God's peace.  It still hurts and my heart is still heavy, but I choose not to journey this life without the hope I have in Christ.  Next week we will bury two precious babies who were able to spend their life with us.  What a privilege to have experienced their life on earth.

For those of you that know me well, you know that a lot of times, music is how I feel I connect with God and my emotions. Tenth Avenue North's song "Worn" best described how I feel right now.

I’m Tired I’m worn
My heart is heavy
From the work it takes
To keep on breathing
I’ve made mistakes
I’ve let my hope fail
My soul feels crushed
By the weight of this world

And I know that you can give me rest
So I cry out with all that I have left

Please take some time tonight and listen to the song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUEy8nZvpdM&sns=fb) and then pray for our staff that may see God's redemptive plan through the hurt. 

**Just a note, I will be unplugging Saturday and Sunday and spending sometime in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment