Monday, April 8, 2013

Update

Update:

For 5 nights I had a precious baby boy in my house, who is very malnourished.  Each night I would feed him multiple times and pray that through every drop of formula he would grow.  The nights were long and didn't contain a lot of sleep, but they were worth it.  After a very rough night on Friday, the nurse decided we should take him into the hospital.  He was admitted and is currently there, but the good news is he is improving.

I had a lot of time to think last week while I was up a lot at night.  At one point in the week, I was feeling very down, because I felt like everything I was trying to do, was not getting done.  I saw my "to-do" list growing, but had no energy to accomplish it.  I was talking with a friend and she asked me what was really important in life, my "to-do" list of videos and fund raising, or the baby boy I was caring and praying for?  Sometimes you need to hear the simple truth, to be reminded about why you are doing what you do. 

Last week, it didn't matter how many videos I made or what work I did on the 5K events or how many presentations I scheduled.  The only thing that matter was that this precious boy was being fed and our staff was getting a break from having to feed him all night long.  Today I am back to working through my "to-do" list, but I am trying not to let the stress of how long it is get to me.  Things will get done when they need to.

Please continue to pray for him as he is growing.  Also pray for the staff at BG, that God will continue to strengthen them with energy and stamina as they care for the many children we have here.

God is good and we are claiming His truths and promises for all our kids!!!

1 comment:

  1. One thing at a time Terp. It will get done. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete