Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stripping Away

The past week has been hard, but I am rejoicing that God has done some great things!!! Everyday I feel God is stripping away more of me and revealing more of who He created me to be. It is a very hard process. I have learned that I really don't like the person I made myself to be. My heart was full of selfish desires, power and pride. I tried so hard to be a very good planner, and realized that doing that I was trying to control God.

I have learned that you can't plan anything in Africa and you don't even try to control something. I have been so homesick this week , but I believe God wanted me to get to that spot to realize how blessed I am. He even decided that I didn't need to have the Internet, so I wouldn't be distracted by Facebook, emails and blogging. I have come to a place where I have acknowledge Him above all. I know that He is in charge and nothing I plan will ever bring Him as much praise as if I just let go and allow Him to move.

The things I see and hear in Lesotho are heartaching, yet there are many joyful celebrations as well. It is all very draining, but I know this is exactly where God has placed me and I am trying to be faithful to His calling.

I have been assigned a special job at BG. I am so excited about this project. I am working on changing the Sponsor a Cot program that BG currently has in place. This program is great, but it is hard to update sponsors about their children, because BG has such a high turn over due to the opening of adoptions. I am still working in one of the baby houses during the mornings, and then I head to the office by 10a to work on the new program. It makes for a great day. I get to start out by taking care of 13 children, getting them ready for school or play group. Then I make about 18 bottles and get to feed the newest BG baby that I blogged about last post. After that I go the office and work on the new program.

Ray and I sat down and went over a timeline for the new program and I am happy to say I will be back in Michigan at the beginning of August. I will not be done with BG though. Part of starting this program is getting the word out to potential sponsors. So even though I will be in Michigan, I will still be very much involved at BG trying to speak to as many churches, small groups, and/or sponsors I can.

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers and encouragement. I have started writing down, every Bible verse or quote people have sent me and I read them often. Thank you all so much for being a huge part of this Leap of Faith.

4 comments:

  1. Terp. It's so great to hear what you have to say about Africa. I can see/hear God moving through you just in the way that you write. I thought about you on Wednesday...I thought about how I was missing a hug from someone. But then I remembered that what you are doing for the Lord is worth missing out on thousands of hugs. I hope you are doing beyond good. I love you so much, Terp.

    With gargantuan love,
    Grace

    p.s. are you writing in the journal that I gave you? (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! He is sooo Good! Thank you Lord for revealing yourself to my friend Terp. Thank you for your faithfulness to her. Thank you for never leaving her....show her more and more every day the beautiful person you have made her to be and help her to show that to others there.....we love you Lord!!!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi friend,
    It is good to hear from you, we were beginning to worry! Thanks for your honest words, they inspire all who read them. We will keep praying for you and those you touch everyday. May the God of peace fill your heart with joy! :)
    Karen Boersema

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your honesty is amazing-- I am learning and being humbled as I listen to what you share. Thank you for your heart, and I celebrate with you, what God is doing.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete