Thursday, April 29, 2010

prayers

hello readers,

I am writing to you seeking out your prayers today. I have a big decision to make and I am really stuck. I have been praying and believe I have gotten my answer from God, but people that I love and trust are firmly telling me the opposite thing. I am trying to discern, if what I thought was God's answer was or if it was Satan's way of being a stupid snake.

I feel like I have been run over by a truck. I have been sick all week with a bad cold that plus the weight of the decision I need to make has taken its toll on my body. I was able to send 1 email out today regarding the project I am working on at Beautiful Gate, but other than that I have been in bed. My body and spirit are both weak.

Please pray God would make HIS plan clear and that HIS voice is the only one I hear. Please pray that I can rest and take in all that God wants me to see and experience. Days here are very draining, but there is no doubt that God is here and He is working. Please also pray that no matter what decision has been made, everyone who has been given me advise can surrender it.

When I come home, I want to have no regrets. I want to know that my time here in Lesotho had meaning. Right now I am trying so hard to seek out the still, small voice of God and focus on Him.

I am learning that my time here is less about me serving at BG and more about God stripping everything away, even relationships, so I can focus on Him ALONE!!!! I love my time spent with my God. Worshiping Him is what has brought me so much joy here. May I keep my focus on that.

I have a meeting with the director of the orphanage on Monday, after that I will be able to give you all more details.

3 comments:

  1. I love you, friend and I'm praying very hard for you! "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terp,
    James 1:5-6 "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind."
    I am sorry if that sounds harsh but God said it. Trust Him Terp He will NEVER lead you astray. We are all praying extra hard for you here Terp and I know that you will hear God!
    We love you.
    Anita and Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life verse is Psalm 46:10 - "Be Still and Know that I am God... I will be exalted"
    Terp, whenever I am physically down it is easy to become discouraged, but just remember that God is good and He continues to speak through all times! Take the time to rest and be renewed. Be still before the Lord... he will reveal His plan and purpose for you... and I will continue to love you no matter what.

    ReplyDelete