Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Psalm 37:4

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
I used to think this verse meant if you delight yourself in the Lord, He will give you what you want. A few weeks ago, Haven's high school youth group had a speaker who spoke on this verse and it became new to me. If you truly delight yourself in the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart and that is HIM.
Here I sit in the hotel in New York. I am truly trying to delight myself in MY Lord. People have asked me why I am moving to Africa for 6 months. Why would I quit my job and leave behind my family and friends? The answer is two fold.
First, I am going to serve God. I am going to be a "mommy" to kids who don't know what a mommy is. I am going to do whatever is needed at Beautiful Gate. Second, I am going to "delight myself in the Lord." I am looking at these 6 months as a time for me to get away from all the distractions and comfortable things of home and gaze upon my Lord and Savior. I don't know what God is going to show me during this time, but I am opening myself to Him and whatever He has planned.
Thank you for all your prayers and support. This journey isn't just for me, but for you as well.
Sala Hantle.
(Stay Well)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful vision God has given you. So excited to be on this journey with you! Love you and miss you already! Amy

    ReplyDelete