Sunday, January 31, 2016

Steal Their Hearts

Friday three of our boys were transferred to a different care center. I was able to ride in the back seat of the truck with them on the way to the new center. It was a crazy fun time. As we pulled out of BG, one of the boys crawled onto one of my legs so he could see out the window. Another boy saw thought this was a good idea and crawled unto the other leg. In that moment, I really wished I had three legs, because the third boy was too short to look out the window. I grabbed some blankets and made a seat for him. He quickly slide it next to me, so that my arm could wrap around him. He looked up at me with his bright eyes and gave me a huge smile. My arm holding him was more important to him than sitting next to the window and I agreed. The boys loved everything we passed, yelling at every cow, sheep and horse. They even yelled hello to the people that were walking along the road. It was a very enjoyable ride. Before we pulled off to the new center we stopped so the boys could eat lunch. Their house mothers prepared a feast for grown men. The boys quickly grabbed the sandwiches of thick sliced polony (similar to bologna) and ate the meat first. Then they preceded to lick the butter off the bread. They were so joyful with the simple sandwiches. One of them said, "Ausi Christina this is the meat of the mothers." I knew that this special treat was one last way for their house mothers to show them they love them.

After we dropped the boys off and said our goodbyes, my heart sank. I am going to miss these three. They brought so much fun and excitement to the campus of BG in the years they were with us. I wondered what their new life would be like. That night I curled into bed and turned on some music to try and shut my mind off. The Holy Spirit blessed me with a song that even though was on my playlist for a while, I am not sure I really listened to. The song is called "Steal Their Hearts" by The Neverclaim. A chorus and one of the verses says this...

Would you steal their hearts?
As you call their name? 
In a broken world, trying to do the same? 
Would you let then see the majesty of who you are? 
Oh, Lord, would you steal their hearts? 

That they will know your of mercy
And walk in all your ways.
That their days would overflow with peace and love.
May they sing of sweet salvation of your amazing grace, 
because one day I know I’ll have to let them go   

This song has served as a prayer for me for the past few days and especially for the three boys, but also for every child that has ever come onto BG's campus. I pray that the seeds that are planted here in their hearts, will take root and continue to grow, knowing that one day we will have to let them go and they will have a lot of other influences telling them what they feel "truth" is.


2 comments:

  1. Well said. God does see our needs and our children's needs. What a comfort!
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said friend! Praying with you!

    ReplyDelete