Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Let's Do This!

I am packed and ready to go!

The past week has been a true dream. I have been able to spend quality time with those I love and feel ready to go and simply do life in Lesotho and at BG. To be honest there have been many moments throughout the past few days where I though I was dreaming. It was just so good. I feel as though I am being sent out differently this year. It could be because it is my last year, or because of the changes the Lord has done in me, but I have a renewed joy and love and desire to go and simply be do life in Lesotho, just like I have the past 6 months in the States.

I will be honest, transition is usually not easy. A few days ago I was tell a friend that I feel like for part of the year, part of my heart is dormant and not functioning and for the other part of the year the other part of my heart is dormant and not functioning and the weeks of transitions where the one part stops and the other starts, literally makes my heart hurt. Please pray with me that when I get on the plane on Thursday, the transition continues to produce joy in my heart rather than hurt.

Today as I was packing, I came across an envelope full of very special cards. They were given to me in June and as I sat on my bed today, reading them, something inside of me just leaped up. Seeing the coloring and hand writing of the kids at BG, saying goodbye and was such a good reminder for me today. I needed to see their names and know that in it is because of God's love for them and my love for Him that I pack up one life to go to the next. Yes, there is pain. You see there were a few precious names on those cards that won't be running up to me on Saturday morning, because they are no longer at BG. The reasons why they are no longer there are irrelevant, they just are not there. Those names I still pray for daily that God is growing. Also as I say good bye to people here I realize the things I will miss. Yes there are big things, like birthdays, weddings and celebrations, but honestly it is the everyday stuff that I hate to miss, because that is what doing life with people is all about. The everyday adventures that just make you feel apart of something. But even in the pain there is joy. Joy in knowing that in a few days my arms will be full of beautiful children and people. Joy in knowing that the relationships I have here, even though we will a physically apart, will continue on.

All in all friends, the Lord is just plain good and I am blown away that He has chosen me for this crazy journey with Him. May He receive all the praise!

Please pray for the smooth flights...
I depart Thursday at 1:20p and arrive at BG on Saturday morning.

2 comments:

  1. You got this! Your joy is contagious, I'm so glad you shared it with me! Can't wait to see you on facetime from around the world! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and prayers! The kids will be so excited to see you!
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete