Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I'm Back!

I made it back to Lesotho on Saturday and it has been a great few days. The Lord has been good? There were no travel issues and I even had an empty seat next to me on the long flight from Atlanta to Jo'burg. Those that have flown in long flights know how amazing that is.

My welcome back on BG campus was so good. (I wish I could post the video.) Before I even got to play group, where the children were, you could hear them yelling my name and then I was mobbed by them. It is always a great feeling to be welcomed back by them. The staff were excited as well to see me and made it clear that I am a part of the BG family. Saturday and Sunday were full of time with the kids and my sweet roommate Emily. Monday I was back in the office getting organized and nailing out details for an upcoming team. It felt great to be back working and looking ahead to the groups that will be on our campus. Of course there were a few breaks throughout the day to play with the children as well as take one of them to the office for some one on one time. :)

The past few days have been great. I cannot wait for the next few weeks when the Geurinks, Tyler Robbert and others join the team here. A few people here have asked me if I am ready of the next 6 months. I can honestly say, that I feel most ready this year for whatever the Lord has prepared for me. The 6 months I had in the States was on of growth and joy. I feel like I have gained confidence and strength from the Lord through my time with Him and the amazing community He blessed me with. It is now time to make Him shine in Lesotho and I am so humbled and excited to be apart of it.

Please join me in continuing to pray for rain for Lesotho. They have had a severe drought the past month. Thankfully we have gotten some rain this weekend, but more is needed. Pray also for the children and staff here. It breaks my heart to see so many of the older kids still here and without a family. It also breaks my heart o know that there are so many families waiting as well to welcome them into their homes, but for some reason things are just not moving as fast as I want them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment