Thursday, March 14, 2013

Today...

I think I experienced every emotion possible today.

I woke up focused and ready to be productive.  Since coming to BG, I have been making lots of videos to help thank donors and promote events and the care center itself.  Yesterday, Bryan asked me to put a video together to explain the needs we currently have a BG.  I told him I would be able to do it by Tuesday, but this morning I woke up with the focus to just nail it out, and that is what I did.  Because of this I felt accomplished and productive.

Today is my dad's 70th birthday.  I thought about all the lessens he has taught me and the service to others he has showed me.  Because of this I felt blessed.

Today also makes the 6 month anniversary of my friend Lindy's eternal homecoming.  This was a hard aspect of my day.  I miss her so much.  We had a special relationship that involved encouragement, support and lots of laughter.  A few weeks before Lindy died, we were hanging out and she grabbed my face and said, "Terp, you are special.  No matter where God takes you, I will always be in your corner.  Find your strength in only Him, Terparoni."  When I was at BG in 2010, Lindy sent me at least one email a week.  There are days when I open up my inbox and hope to see her name there.  But has she said I know she is in my corner and cheering me on through this crazy journey.  Because of this I felt grief again, but tried to focus on the times of laughter we had.

This morning one of my buddies and his sister were reunited with his grandmother.  This little guy knew my soft spot and everyday would yell my name, run to me and start singing.  It was an awesome feeling.  I pray today that he continues to grow in to the person God has created him to be and that he continues to sing with all his heart.  Because of this I rejoiced in the future he has.

Tonight as I was making dinner  and was listening to some music.  The song "It is Well" came on and the tears started falling down my face.  There are moments in my life when things are "well" and I find joy in the moments of the day.  There are also moments when things are not "well" and I search for hope.  In the moments when things don't seem well, I need to remember that God has this journey already planed out.  He knows what is around the corner.  I need to trust in Him and claim the grace, truth and love He has for me. 

Today was a good day.  Even though there were tears, God was shining!!!! I liked to say it was just a typical day in Africa.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for shining the light of Christ to everyone, especially the kids here at BG. You are making a huge difference. Some days are harder than others but God will give you the grace to keep shining my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does and has given you all that you need in all circumstances!! In His word and by His spirit...praise God! Continuing to pray!
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete