Friday, March 29, 2013

Time Out

I feel like it is Christmas morning today.  There is a team from Cross Point Church in California that are on their way here.  Yesterday, some of us got their rooms ready, while others did the shopping.  At one point I wondered if the pure excitement is what a camp counselor feels the night before the campers come.  The team consists of 16 people, 11 of which are students.  Do you understand my excitement now?!?!?! This week will bring me back to my youth ministry days at Haven CRC where a lot of fun, laughter and growing occurred.

I do know, that with a team comes longer work days and by the end of the week, excitement might not be the feeling I have, but I am so ready for this team.  With this team brings the opportunity to introduce 16 hearts to the ministry of BG.  With this team brings the opportunity to possibly planting seeds in the hearts of future world changers.  You never know who may be on this team and what this trip could do for the team members.  Since I do know what a 2 week trip did for me, I am excited to possibly be a part of someone else's journey to answering God's call. 

A team brings new energy to BG and I can tell you first hand, I need some new energy.  It has been a long week in which I have felt a spiritual battle going on inside my heart.  If fact, Wednesday I was in the office for about an hour, before I packed everything up and told people I was going to be working from home.  That day I just needed to turn on some worship music, pray and be alone.  I ended up getting a lot of stuff done, while resting in God's arms for me.  One thing that I learned this week, is that it is very hard to do this job without taking time to rest in our Daddy's arms.  Everyone does this differently, but it needs to be done.  Everyone needs  a "time out" sometimes.  Thursday morning I got up and was ready for the journey. 

I pray that as I serve God here at BG, I can remember to take time to personally sit at God's feet and feel his AMAZING love.  As Christians we rejoice that Easter is a few days away.  With Easter brings our hope for eternity.  With Easter brings new energy and new perspective, just like the team that will be here soon.  The great thing is, because of the work of the cross, EASTER IS EVERYDAY!!! We serve a RISEN Savior, who loves when we take a "time out" with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment