Friday, June 18, 2010

the tongue

My friends, I need to confess to you the sin of my heart. I have allowed my tongue to rule my life. It's loud lies that I have believed, have shouted over the truth God wanted to see and hear. Psalm 64:3-4 says, "They sharpen their tongues like swords and aim their words like deadly arrows. They shoot from ambush at the innocent man; they shoot at him suddenly without fear." My tongue became a weapon.



I want to apologize to anyone who I talked negatively about, ruined your reputation or caused others to look at you differently because of the words I have said. The words I spoke should not have been directed toward any of you. I am eternally sorry for causing anyone to stumble because my tongue became my sword. The words I spoke were done out of my own insecurities. I can not take the words back, I really wish I could. I wish I could buy the biggest billboard along the busiest road and proclaim the truths that God knows to everyone about those I have ever spoken wrongly about. I apologize to everyone, if the word that came out of my mouth cut you down in anyway, or if I allowed the words of others to influence my words.



James 3:5-6 says, "Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue is also a fire, a world of evil among parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell."



Psalm 59:12 says, "For the sins of their mouths, for the words of their lips, let them be caught up in their pride."



I have allowed the words of my tongue to take over every part of my body. I have been very critical of people and have spoken wrongly about them, only to make myself feel better. I am sorry, that the words of my mouth did not bring unity to the body of Christ.



Every moment, I now am surrendering the desires of my tongue. I don't want it to rule over the rest of my body. Many times throughout the day I find my self praying...



Psalm 19:14, "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and Redeemer."



Psalm 34:13, "Keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from speaking lies."



Psalm 35:28, "My tongue will speak of your righteousness and of your praises all day long."



Psalm 71:24, "My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long."



Psalm 15:2-4, "He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truths from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong, and casts no slur on his fellow man, who despises the vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath, even when it hurts,"



Friends. I am very sorry that Satan used my tongue to hold anyone back from living as God intended us to live. I am sorry that my desires became priority over what God wanted. I pray that I can be faithful with what the Lord has given me and I can speak encouraging words to and about everyone. I pray that in the moments when my flesh over powers my tongue, God's grace and mercy will shower over me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's an honest blog... may God bless your apologies and your desire to live with more Godly words coming from your mouth.

    ReplyDelete