Thursday, June 24, 2010

the other place

Yesterday my friends and I went to another orphanage in Lesotho. I had been there in October and told myself I never wanted to go back. My friends heard the stories and wanted to see the difference with their own eyes.

There had been a lot of changes since October, but it still was heart breaking. The dirty baby room was added on to to create more sleeping areas, so that was great and a new play area had also been added.

It is hard for me to share about some of the things we saw and some of the children we touched, during our 2 hour stay. BG is so blessed by a great facility and caring staff, but my heart goes out to the approximate 100 children that are living at the other place.

1 comment:

  1. I don't suppose you ran into my little girl while you were there? I'm sure you would have told me by now but I felt the need to ask anyway. It is a very heartbreaking place to visit, but if we hadn't, I don't think I would have appreciated Beautiful Gate nearly as much. I still think of you each day as you continue your journey.
    Love,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete