Sunday, March 21, 2010

what's in a name?



Hi everyone. My name is Dusty. I know you all put in some very good suggestions for my name, but ultimately one name stood out and so I am Dusty. Thank you to Karen who suggested my name. The reason she said it, is because she knows I will get very dusty and/or dirty while in Africa. She should know since she has spent time in Uganda. Christina, my traveling friend, decided it would be a good name for another reason. You see when Jesus walked this earth, his disciples would walk so closely to him that they would be covered in the dust that His feet kicked up. Going to Beautiful Gate is such a huge adventure and there are going to be time when I am afraid, but Christina has told me that as long as we stay in the dust of our Rabbi Jesus we will be okay.
I can't believe we will be leaving in 17 days. Christina keeps telling me about all the amazing people I am going to meet and about all the children that I get to play with. This is going to be such a cool journey. Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Dusty, I am so excited for you to go on your journey! I want you to know that you should also kick off your dust to anyone who doesn't appreciate who you are and what joy you can bring. Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete