Saturday, March 13, 2010

23 days

I have a ticket!!!!!

Yes, my friends, I have a place ticket and will be leaving for Africa 1 day earlier than planned. So, in 23 days I will head to Chicago, then New York, then Jo'burg then Bloemfontein where I will be greeted by some people from Beautiful Gate who will take me to Lesotho. It is going to be a few long days of travel, but I will be heading back to "my kids" at BG and a few days in a plane are worth it. PLUS...I will be able to see a friend and former pastor of mine Tim Spykstra, his daugther Anna and mom, Harriet and step dad, Bill. Bill, Harriet and Tim are a BIG part of BG and have provided a lot of direction and mentorship for the directors Ray and Sue.

Thank you all who have been praying that this would work out. God has provided, as He always does and I am excited to see what He wanted to me to learn through this new flight route. He already has taught and showed me that He alone will provide. The new flight plan was $300 more than the original, but there was nothing I could do about it. A few hours after booking the flight, a friend of mine came to me with a check for $300. She said it was the amount her and her husband decided on to donate and I was blown away. I couldn't even cry I was so overwhelmed by God showing up and saying, "do you trust me?" I just took a deep breath and said yes. He also provided through another friend using her hotel points to book a room for me in New York, because I have an overnight there. I am so grateful to everyone who has given, not only financially, but in their time to learn more about my trip. It has been just a blessing to sit down with people and show them the pictures and tell them the stories.

I just can't believe I will be leaving in 23 days. That is so soon. There are people that I am trying to avoid saying goodbye to, because it will be a very hard goodbye. BUT I can't wait to get back to the staff and children at BG. It is amazing how the 8 days I spent with them in October has changed my heart.

23 days...

this is going to be an incredible journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment