Sunday, March 14, 2010

the list

The reality of me leaving hit me square in the face today and it didn't feel too good. I think it is because ever since I knew I was going back to BG for 6 months, I started making a list of things I wanted to do before I left. Some are fun, like spending a morning in bed doing nothing or making sure I get a Shamrock shake from McDonald's, but others are meaningful. The top thing I wanted to do before I left, I finished on Saturday and now that it is done, I feel the reality of what this step of obedience means.

For those of you who don't know my best friend Amy, you are missing out. She is one of those people who I believe spent some extra time on when He knitted her together. Of course she is not perfect, but she is one of the most giving, compassionate people I have ever met. Plus, she is VERY funny and understands my humor as well. Well, Amy's office is not the most cheerful place and as a mom of 3 and a high school youth director, who gives so much of herself to others, I thought she needed a place to just "be". So when she left for Florida last week with her family, I completely made over her office. Along with the help of some great friends, the gray walls are a bright blue and the place is just peaceful. I am so happy how it turned out.

But now that the office is done, I feel like I have been hit by a truck. I am leaving for 6 months and the people that I care about will no longer be a phone call or car ride away. I know this time God is going to show me how much I need to cling to Him for strength and support, but I am going to miss my support system here. As I sat in church today, my heart sank. I only have a few more weeks to worship at Haven. I couldn't even sing tonight. I just put my head down, closed my eyes and listened to the worship that I have love to be apart of.

The office is done...
The list is getting smaller...
My heart is realizing what true obedience means...

22 days.

2 comments:

  1. I am so blessed by all the hard work and sacrifice you put into transforming my office! Thank you so much...it looks absolutely beautiful! I am going to miss you beyond words! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl....you are beautiful and will be missed....we all go with you and the time will probably fly by....and then you will be able to share how Great God is with all of us! Thanks for being honest...so we know how to pray! Holly

    ReplyDelete