Wednesday, February 10, 2010

tense?

There has been some tense moments this week. Nothing too major that relates to Africa directly, just moments when you look to God and say, "am I really strong enough for this?" I have had 2 conversations with people this week that make we want to scream at the ridiculous things they have said.

Our world, right now is at war and I am fired up!!!! There are babies dying. There are people who have gone days without food or water. There is a family standing over some one's bed as their life support is being shut off. What is the church doing about it? Really?!?!

In my last post I encouraged you all to seek out the part that God has chosen for you to play. What is your role in the family? We all have one. Now do you believe enough to take up that role, to take up your cross and follow God. Do you know that you know, that you know, that you know, that God is who is says He is and will come like He said He will come? My hope is that from now on I can let the tense conversations flow in one ear and out the other. I don't want them to settle in ANY part on my mind, heart or body. I don't want to be distracted from my role. I have a role to play. I believe enough. I am being sent to Africa, and I am going.

Why?

Because God is who is says He is and He will come like He said.

After a drive with my best friend tonight I walked in the house trying to make sense of the week. My friend always has a way of speaking the truth to me, even when I don't want to hear it. I opened the door to the house walked in and started singing a song that I haven't sung in a while. May you be blessed by our great God as you take up your cross and follow HIm alone.

God is bigger than, the air I breathe, the world I leave.
God will save the day and all will say, "My Glorious."

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what I'm hearing in your words but I know that God is with you:)
    I don't know if we will make sense of some things but I know a faithful Savior who will take our questions and give peace:)
    I'm praying for the family you mention...I'm praying that the Presence of Jesus overwhelms this family and where the church (me) disappoints, God shines through:)
    God Bless....In His Grip..barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold tight--the world will tell you you're crazy for doing what you're doing. Do not listen to the people that are trying to cast doubt in your heart. Be free from the chains of this earth and give your life to Him in service. Giving your life in this way is the most admirable thing you can do. We are praying for you and the doors that continue to swing wide open.

    ReplyDelete