Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tumello

Thanks you all for your prayers and support. I know that moving to another continent isn't going to be easy, but I can't wait. I am at the point where I am tired of planning. I just want to go. I want to be peace at Beautiful Gate. I want to bring joy.

When I was in Lesotho in October I asked my friend Edward, who lives in Lesotho and works at BG, if I could have a Besotho name. I wanted to be apart of Lesotho, the people, the culture. I wanted to belong. For a female, your name changes after you have your first child. After your child is born your name changes to M'e ma... (which means mother of and then your child's name). Since I am not a mom I was curious what my name would be. He came back the next day and named me M'e maTumello. Mother of Faith.

Who knew that that name would cause me to act. Through this whole process I have redefined the word faith. For me faith is living life without knowing the details. Faith is stepping out and acting when God calls you to. It could mean moving to another country to serve. It could mean giving up your shoes for those who don't have them. It could mean fasting from going out to eat and taking that money and giving it to those who need help. It could mean adopting a child. Faith is doing things that make other people say "what?"

I want to encourage you friends, to step, leap, jump into God's plan. It is so freeing. Yes is it stretching and will cause you to sacrifice but in sacrificing you...will...be...blessed.

What's in a name?

2 comments:

  1. Terp, I wish to jump in faith with you. I am so excited for you to be heading to Africa, and I soon hope to join you on that amazing continent once again. Cheers. Thanks for sharing your heart and experiences with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story and great name. It is amazing what a name can inspire!

    ReplyDelete