Sunday, February 21, 2010

perseverance

I have always heard you must be doing something good, if you are feeling beat up. This has been a hard weekend, but one that has developed more perseverance and trust. Friday I received an email letting me know that one of my flight times was changed, which didn't allow me enough time between flights. Since "TIA" (see previous post for definition) all of my other flights had to be changed. So, as of Sunday night I have no flight to Africa. I was EXTREMELY frustrated after the email, but instead of staying frustrated I went to the Word. I was studying the great faith chapter Hebrews 11. I tried to put myself in the people's shoes listed in the chapter and decided that even if I have to build a boat in my yard in the middle of winter, I will get to Beautiful Gate.

The second frustration came today. While I was reading an email from Ray, the director of Beautiful Gate, my computer crashed. After talking with a few different people and realizing this is the second virus it has had in 6 months, I have made the decision that I need a new computer. I don't like this decision, because it means spending money that I don't know where it is going to come from. But the fact is the most "reliable" form of communication I will have in Africa is via the computer (email, Skype, Facebook and the blog) so going without one is not even a choice. When I asked BG what I should bring with me, a laptop was first on the list. So it is a purchase that has to be made.

I was talking with some great friends today about attitude. Usually when things like this happen I like to sit and pout and have a pity party. One of my friends was agreeing with me on how even though we are suppose to praise God when we are facing storms, sometimes sitting on the couch and dwelling on the negative feels better. Her husband was opposite from us. He said things happen for a reason and when something comes up that wasn't planned we should look to see where God is leading. I really want to have his attitude. Having a pity party, might feel good for a time, but is it, really?

Tomorrow as I try to book a new flight route, I am going to praise God for what He wants me to experience. Also as I try to work more hours at work to get some extra money for the computer, I am going to keep my eyes open to what God wants me to see. I am not saying I am no longer going to have pity parties, because sometimes we just need to, what I am saying is I am going to start acknowledging Christ as my King, who reigns over all and trust Him alone.

2 comments:

  1. Love that word: Persevere! "Blessed is the man (woman) who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12
    Keep your eyes on Jesus! He will never let you down! Praying for you & love you! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the Lord has truly called you to Beautiful Gate, He will also provide for the perfect ticket and a laptop. Praying with you as you work and plan with patience and perseverence. Cheers,
    Karebear

    ReplyDelete