Friday, January 29, 2010

dates picked...tickets booked

Thank you all for your encouragement and prayers. There has been a lot going on. I have been making a lot of phone calls to set up health insurance, suspend my car insurance, research things I will need while there and the hardest, picking the dates and getting a plane ticket.

My exact dates are set and I booked my tickets this week. I will be gone April 8 through October 12. I found out I will be staying right at Beautiful Gate. I am VERY excited about this. I will never be without the children. There are times when thinking about Africa just freaks me out, but then I remember the children and I know why I am going.

I just read a great book called, "The Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Stearns. (A must read!!) He asks a hard question, many hard questions, but one that sticks out to me. "Do you believe enough to do something?" That question has been running through my heart and mind constantly. Do I believe enough in God and His BIG plan to do something to change the world? The answer is YES!!!!!

We all can't move to Africa for six months or adopt a child, but we can do something. We all are a part of God's big plan. What is your part? Do you believe enough to do something?

No comments:

Post a Comment