Friday, May 23, 2014

Light hearted post on my HAIR!

For the past 5 years, my life has been on a journey. Also for the past 5 years, my hair has been on a journey. My first trip to Lesotho, I loved the ease of the short "messy" look. The reddish highlights added personality and spunk. Over the years my hair has gone from the "fun, messy" look to now a long natural look. On days when the water pressure is low or I woke up late, I miss my short hair. It took less than 2 minutes to do. It was easy and very low maintenance. For a few years now I have been a short haired person living with long hair. Because of this, I have made some mistakes. Here are a few...

1. I have learned while brushing my teeth, I must hold my hair back. Toothpaste in hair is not a good look.

2. I still don't know how this happened, but the other night I actually closed some of my hair in the closet door. (It was a long day, okay! Don't judge). Seriously I don't know how that happened.

3. Eating sometimes has it's challenges. The moment when you feel hair in your mouth and get grossed out that someone else's hair is in your food and then you realize the other end of the hair is still attached to your head.

4. One of my favorite things to do is drive with the windows down in the car. Now I need to make sure I have a hair band with me at all times, otherwise the windows must remain up, to avoid accidents.

5. Saturday was a beautiful day. As I rode in the car with the windows down, I saw a cloud of dust ahead. I quickly shut the window to avoid dust in the car and in doing so, my hair got shut in the window as well.

6. 9 out of 10 times I pick up a BG child, my hair becomes their handle and toy.

7. The amount of head bands, pins and other accessories is overwhelming. The sad thing is whenever I need one, I can't find it.

Each day I am learning and each day my long hair is growing on me (pun intended).

Memory Lane
2009
The messy look hair
 
2010
Puppy love hair
 
2011
Ice Cream eating hair
 

2012
Team leader hair
 
2013
Braided hair

2013
Lion training hair

December 2013
The 80's are back!!!!


2014
Superhero hair!
 

2014
Frog catching hair!




2 comments:

  1. My favs...2012 team leader hair and super hero hair! :)
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!! On so many reasons I love this!! I cracked up at your toothpaste comment because I was just talking about this very thing over the weekend. All of these are true! So....gonna keep it long or cut it snort again?? :). How many days until you come back?

    ReplyDelete