Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Faithful

I remember, shortly after accepting God's call to serve at BG, a time where I was concerned I wouldn't be able to fill 6 months in the States and Canada with speaking and advocating for the children and staff of Beautiful Gate Lesotho. I prayed that if it was God's will, I would be able to accept any opportunity to shine Him to those I meet, by sharing what He is doing in the lives of the children, staff and families that are being formed through adoption and reunification. As I prepare for my second trip to the States, I am humbled by the faithfulness of the Lord.

A few weeks ago I start getting nervous about my speaking engagements for this fall. There were multiple on the calendar, but not the same amount as last year. I was nervous that this year would not go well. As I laid in bed one night, I asked God to show me His faithfulness. He put on my heart that I would not focus on a dollar amount, but that He would provide opportunities to simply share Him and His faithfulness. When I dreamed of sharing my heart, with no monetary goal in mind, I felt so my peace and joy.

Through all the teams and volunteers that I have met, I continue to see the goodness of the Lord in Lesotho. I am discovering that Beautiful Gate is not for the volunteers, the staff or even the children. Beautiful Gate is a place to experience the faithfulness of God. Yes, we serve approximately 70 children and 45 staff as well as many volunteers. Yes, we take people desiring to be family and introduce them to the child God created for them, but above all, Beautiful Gate is a sanctuary, a safe place where people can meet God. That is what I want to share this fall. Beautiful Gate is a place to fellowship with the Lord and His people.

1 Corinthians 1:8-9 says, "He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord."

I no longer worry about the fall calendar, because the Lord is filling it up. The past two days I have had two separate emails from people who heard about the faithfulness of the Lord at Beautiful Gate and asked if I would come and share. The Lord is faithful. He provides the right people at the right time that need to hear His story of hope and adoption.

To Him be all praise and honor!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, He has proven time and time again that He is faithful...what a reason to Praise and Honor Him!
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete