Monday, January 20, 2014

Redemption

If you have followed this blog for awhile you will know that last year we experienced some tough times at Beautiful Gate. Children's deaths and other centers closing were some of our challenges. There were moments I, like Jesus in Gethsemane, cried out to God for this to be taken away, because it was just too much. I felt very tired. One song that seemed to explain my feelings was Worn by Tenth Avenue North. The chorus of the song says...

Let me see redemption win
Let me know the struggle ends
That you can mend a heart that's frail and torn

I want to know a song can rise
From the ashes of a broken life
And all that's dead inside can be reborn
Cause I'm worn


It is with great joy I can write you all and tell you redemption is happening. Last April I sat on the side of a mountain with 2 scared girls on my lap. They were suppose to be reunited with family, but because of some events, that didn't happen. That evening they came back to Beautiful Gate, instead of going back to their family. On Friday the girls were in my arms again, but this time we were driving around town getting their adoption physical completed.

The struggle ended...REDEMPTION WON!!! These girls will be adopted. They will have a family.

I was so overwhelmed on Friday. Tears of joy flowed freely as I Skyped with a friend from Michigan and told her the news. The pain was over, they will belong to someone.

I have been seeking out more redemption moments since Friday. They are small, but their impact on me is huge...

The smile and hug of a child that was once terrified of people.
The way a child's eyes light up when I walk in their room and say their name.
The sound of JOYFUL music sung by the children echoed throughout the campus.
A cool breeze that gives relief to the heat.

Friends, all around us is redemption. Do you see it?

Luke 21:28 says, "When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” Luke was talking about the Son of Man coming in His glory. I believe each day, God is revealing Himself to us. He is giving us moments of redemption, so that we crave more of these moments.

Do you crave moments with Jesus?
Do you yearn to be with Him and see His plan?
Do you want nothing more than His promises to be revealed to all?

The Lord is coming. He is showing Himself to us each day. Do not overlook it? Do not miss the redemption that is taking place around you?

And when you experience, stand up, lift your hands and praise God!!!

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way n the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."
(Isaiah 43:18-19)

2 comments:

  1. Amen sista!
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing friend....It inspires others to look at our lives and see where we can see God in the every day here. Thank you for living Him out and sharing your intimate moments! What a day it will be when we will all rejoice in heaven with all shapes, sizes, and colors!!

    ReplyDelete