Sunday, January 12, 2014

Back in Sunny Lesotho

Hello readers,

What a joy it is to let you all know I am back in sunny Lesotho. It was a long week, with delayed travel plans due to weather, but God is good and knew when I needed to be back. My friend, Grace and I left Michigan on Thursday and got to BG at 11:50pm on Friday. What a joy it was to see Bryan and Anita at the airport and enjoy the car ride from Jo'burg to Lesotho with them.

Since we arrived so late, I could not do my traditional sprint to the houses and see all the children and staff. Saturday morning Anita and I went together. It felt so good. Before I walked into the first house the children saw me in the window and started yelling my name. I can't explain to you how could it felt to know I wasn't forgotten. There were a few children who were on their potties, but decided to scoot them out and laugh as they saw me. 6 months is a huge time in the development of a child. Babies that were in a crib when I left are walking around in play group and playing with the older children. While I was in the afternoon play time with the kids, some of them came up to me singing, Trading my Sorrows, which I taught the kids last year. The house staff greeted me with hugs and dancing. Such a great feeling to know I made an impact last year, while I was here. They wanted to tell me about they children, grandchildren and then of course all about their BG children.

I can't thank people enough for the prayers and support during Grace and my travels. A dear, dear friend of mine set up a prayer calendar, for people to sign up and pray during hour long slots while we traveled. What a humbling experience, yet such an honor to know that people were sacrificing time in their day to approach God's throne on our behalf. I can't thank all you prayer warriors enough for that. Other than being 2 days late, we had no travel issues.  

My goal is to update the blog 2 times a week. It is my prayer that through this blog, people will see the realness of God's journey for me and strive to be obedient in their own.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Romans 15:13).

Khotso (peace) and Tsepo (hope) from sunny Lesotho.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safe!!! Now, enjoy those kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not the only one :) Praising God with you!! How exciting to be on such an adventure covered in prayer and serving the Lord in that Beautiful place!
    Karen B.
    Thanks again for being Grace's friend and big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great welcome back from kids and staff! The delay was worth it. So glad you had safe travels. Pray for often. Rhonda B

    ReplyDelete