Tuesday, May 14, 2013

You have done for us!

The past few days, I have been blessed by people's love and support of me.  I am humbled that friends of mine are remodeling their house to include an apartment for me.  During this process someone stepped up and donated the building materials for the project.  I can't wait to get back to Michigan and have a place of rest.  While Skyping with a friend this weekend, she told me she had planned a surprise trip to come and see me in Lesotho, but do to work complications the trip had to be canceled.  I am pretty sure I would have had a heart attack, for that surprise.  My family sent me a message letting me know that there is a care package coming my way.  All I can say is I am blessed.  Thank you all for your emails, prayers and encouragement.

The past 10 days at BG have been full of laughter and more laughter.  We have had 2 volunteers from West Michigan working at BG.  Let me tell you, that when you live with nurses, there really is no boundaries of what you talk about. ;)  Sara and Caitlin have been a complete joy to have around.  From the moment they stepped onto BG's campus their arms were full of children.  They never wanted to take a break, but instead embrace the kids at every moment.  Our nights were full of Disney sing offs, sunset adventures, exploring the mountains and conversations about everything under the sun, including love languages. 

Sara and Caitlin you are beautiful ladies whose heart is focused on helping others.  Thank you for all the laughs, conversations and smiles.  I am going to miss you guys a lot, but it is good to know that it won't be long until we are in Michigan having sushi.  You have left am imprint at BG that is clear to see.  In your short time here, the children have grown to love you.

Yesterday, Bryan and Anita were in Jo'burg, picking up their friends who are adopting from BG.  We had an adoption ceremony celebrating a new family of Canadians.  Since Bryan was gone, I was given the opportunity to bring God's word during the service.  What an honor and privilege to speak about adoption (Eph 1:5) and love (1 Cor 13). 

Tomorrow friends of Bryan, Anita and myself will be picking up their new daughter from BG.  Yesterday I had the privileged of showing their daughter pictures of her family and giving her a gift from them.  Her face lite up and could have powered the whole country of Lesotho with electricity.  She ran around the campus showing everyone the book and grinning from ear to ear.  What an honor for me to introduce children to their family that loves them and has been waiting for them.

When I think about this Leap of Faith, I think about Isaiah 26:12, "LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us" (NIV).  No one can do anything right with their own strength and power.  One may feel they are making things good, but in the end it will be temporary.  God has given us peace through the times when we doubt His power.  He has gone before us and accomplished everything we need to do, so that at the end of the journey we can look back and see His face.  I praise God for the journey He has put me on.  I praise God for the people on the journey with me, either physically or not.  I praise God for His plan that happens only in His time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment