Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Update

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for the little guy in the hospital.  We have no answers as to why he is sick.  The doctors have done numerous tests, but none of the results show any abnormalities as to why he lost so much weight and isn't gaining any.  He currently has a feeding tube and we are hoping this will help him gain some weight.  Please continue to pray for strength and health for him as well as an answer as to why he keeps getting sick.

Yesterday was on of those days that I had to remind myself that what I do here is a job.  We were contacted on Monday by social welfare about a baby boy whose mother signed her rights away right after he was born.  The child was at the hospital just waiting to be picked up by someone.  Tuesday morning, myself, the social worker at BG and the PR director drove to the hospital to pick up the child.  Because I know these staff members well, I can ask them any questions I have about Lesotho.  I have to say they taught me a lot in our 3 hour drive about the culture, the current rise in prostitution and child abandonment.  I feel like I learned a lot from them to include on the presentations I do this fall.  We picked up the beautiful 2 day old baby from the hospital and them drove back to BG.  My role in going was to care for the baby.  It was really easy.  Since his mother had already left and the nurses were busy with the patients, this child was all alone in a hospital room.  I cleaned him up, wrapped him up in a blanket and then we drove back to BG.  Along the ride he just snuggled into my arms.  He probably hadn't been held much at the hospital, so he was soaking up the attention.  I thought to myself multiple times, "this is my job? Snuggling babies?" It sounds silly, but with all the stuff I do at BG, some times I forget that I am here to snuggle babies.  I think I can do this job.

We received another baby yesterday also a few days old that was found in the mountains.  I am grateful BG is here to be a family to these children.  Currently we are at a point where we can't accept more children until some adoptions or reunifications happen.  Join us in praying we can make more room for the children in this country that need to be snuggled.

No comments:

Post a Comment