Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"To love another person is to see the face of God"

I can not believe I am less than 2 weeks away from getting back on a plane and heading over to BG.  I have done this so many times, it feels so normal, but then I remember it is a longer trip and because of that, I have had a few moments of panic.  Now that I am done at Starbucks and I am able to focus on getting the details done as well as school work and saying goodbye to those in my life, the reality has set in.  This trip is not for 2 weeks and I will be missing things here.

I was at a friend's house last week and they were commenting on how many birthdays I will be missing while I am gone.  I started to feel sad about that, but the fact is God has called me on this journey and there is no time for me to go that is better than another.  The fact is I will miss things, but I instead of looking at the things I will miss, I am going to focus on the things I will be experiencing.

This week I went and saw Les Mis on the big screen.  It is by far my favorite musical. I have seen it on stage many times and each time I am blown away with the story of redemption that it shares.  I highly recommend it and hope you can find a time to go and see it.  One of the last lines in the play says, "To love another person is to see the face of God."  I can't agree more with this statement. 

As I think of those that have supported me through this journey and the sacrifices they have made in love so that I can go be Jesus, I see love.

When I think of the children I will soon have crawling over my lap, chasing me around BG and snuggled in my arms, I see love.

When I think about the staff and the volunteers that put their own families on hold, so they can reach out to the precious children, I see love.

When I look into the eyes of new parents when they are about to meet their child or children, I see love.

To look another person in the eye and join them in the mission to spread the good news of Jesus Christ to those around the world, it is hard not to see love.  Love is an amazing thing.  As I sit here and think about where I will be 2 weeks from now, I am so grateful for love.  Moving to the other side of the world is hard, but knowing the love of God will never leave me and the love of those I meet will be evident each day, the mission is easier to take on. 

Above all, God is love, so loving another person, is loving God.  And how can you not love the One who gave up everything for you to live a full life of purpose, joy and LOVE.

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister. We will be praying for you each day!
    The love of God is greater far
    Than tongue or pen can ever tell;
    It goes beyond the highest star,
    And reaches to the lowest hell;
    The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
    God gave His Son to win;
    His erring child He reconciled,
    And pardoned from his sin.
    Refrain:
    Oh, love of God, how rich and pure!
    How measureless and strong!
    It shall forevermore endure—
    The saints’ and angels’ song.
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete