Tuesday, January 29, 2013

"But by my Spirit"

Today was one of those days in Lesotho when I experienced every emotion one could think of all within an hour.  It is so hard to express in a blog, so hang with me as I process this morning with you.

Last night, I was excited to bless the Geurinks with some babysitting, so Bryan and Anita could go on a date.  Their relaxing date night turned into a long night at the hospital caring for a sick BG child. To read the story check out their blog (ourbeautifulmission.blogspot.com).  This morning Bryan came over to ask my 2 roommates and myself if we wanted to head to the hospital to pray for the child that they brought there as well as the other two BG kids that were there.

On our way to the hospital, I had flashbacks of the first time I took a child to the hospital to seek treatment in 2010. Feel free to read the story here.  I had to remind myself that the old hospital in Maseru, had been closed down and a new one was built that was a lot better.  Driving into the new hospital I was more at ease by the security that checked cars coming in and out to make sure no one was taking unauthorized people and/or supplies out of the hospital.  Walking into the facility I felt like I was in the United States.  There was a gift shop, coffee shop, and registration area.  The building looked like any hospital in West Michigan, so I was encouraged that our kids would be treated well.  The reality is, the building may look nice and contain all the modern equipment we have in the US, but the fact is they lack individuals who know how to use it.  As we visited the three sick children and prayed over them, my mind and heart became broken.  The three children are very sick and in need of desperate prayer for God's healing to take over their little bodies.  As we headed out of the hospital, a doctor stopped us and started talking.  He said 100% of the children that are in their care are malnourished.  He knew we were from BG and we could tell he was frustrated and we were too.  The doctor went on to say that he didn't understand the people who would do this to their children.  Once again my heart broke.  The struggle some of the children have experienced in their short lives, astounds me.  As a followers of Jesus Christ, we need to get down on our knees and pray for a change. We need to fight for these children.

As I was processing the hospital building, I thought of the body of Christ.  We may look good, and have everything we need to change the outcome of lives, but if we are not using it, the newness of our body is no different than an old dirty, contaminated hospital.  We need to lean on the word and trust in it's power.  We need to learn and devour the scriptures and pray their power and truth over those in God places in our paths as well as those He places in the path of someone else.  As the anger filled up inside of me, I was reminded of Zechariah 4:6, which says, "'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit' says the Lord Almighty" and peace came over me.  God is present in Lesotho. God is present ate BG.  But Satan is also present in Lesotho as well as BG.  The lives of the children cannot be affected because of Satan's plans.  The power of the Holy Spirit needs to explode here and teach people that there is a better way to live and treat children.  Individuals who come here to build beautiful buildings full of equipment, need to know that without proper training, the equipment is no more useful than a coat rack.  As followers of Christ we need to serve with the power of the Holy Spirit.  Our strength and efforts will not change the world, but the amazing fact is GOD'S WILL.  With His dunamous POWER will can explode this world with the Truth of Christ.  When the days become overwhelming and I am not sure wheat help I can offer, I need to remind myself that I cannot do anything, but God can and He is using me to bring hope and peace.

Please join me in praying for the children.  They all are very sick and need God's miraculous healing.

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying. Thanks for the truths and the reminders. Don't know exactly why this verse, but this verse popped into my head....
    "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:6
    Love,
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete