Friday, July 24, 2015

Flat or Filled


Yesterday, I woke up ready to face the day. I had a few things on my schedule, but for the most part it was pretty easy day. In the afternoon I went to run some errands, when I left the store I discover, my car had a very flat tire. Let's face it there was no air in it at all. Normally, this would pretty much tick me off. Doesn't my tire know I have places to go and people to see and stuff to get done. I can't just be sitting around waiting for this to get fixed. But yesterday was different. In the morning I spent time reading verses about being still before the Lord. When I picked up my phone to call the tow truck I saw it was 3:45p. I smiled as I felt God's calm rushing over me. The tire was no accidental flat. God needed me to be still. 

A friend of mine was in an appointment at the same time I was waiting in a parking lot for a tow truck. For an hour and a half I was able to sit and pray them through what they were facing. People were texting me asking if I needed a ride, but I was good. I was spending time with my Abba, serving those that needed His strength. After an hour and a half the tow truck came and took me to the tire shop. The best part about it all is I only needed a plug/patch and they didn't even charge me. One more thing that pointed to the tire being flat at that specific time for a specific reason. 

In life there are many things that can knock the wind out of our sails. For me it was a tire. I had a choice. I could let the anxiety and anxiousness overwhelm me and end up getting ticked off, or I could be still. Lately I chose anxiety, but yesterday there wasn't a doubt in my mind why my tire was flat. God needed to still me, so I could serve from my knees. 

Friends, each day we are face with choices. My prayer for you in that you in those moments you choose to be still. It isn't easy, and I will be the first one to tell you I am not good at it, but being still is best. In being still, you are given moments to place your hands before the Lord, completely empty and He will take that offering and fill them. In our moments of "flatness" we cannot only be filled, but overfilled with the peace of Christ. And not only for ourselves, but for others as well. 

"Be still and KNOW that I am God." Psalm 46:10


No comments:

Post a Comment