Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Fully Worshipping through the Journey

“Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you” (Genesis 22:5). Listening to God is a journey. Through listening, He leads you to places of great joy, as well as places of hardship. No matter where He leads you must listen. Abraham did not want to give his only son as an offering, but if he didn’t, he would not be obeying God. He told his servants that he and Isaac were going to worship and then would come back. To me, I see Abraham’s obedience as a heart fully worshipping God. If he didn’t offer Isaac, he wouldn’t be worshipping.

For the past three years, I have been on a journey of pure worship. Listening to God’s plan to serve at Beautiful Gate Lesotho wasn’t too difficult. I have always wanted to be in full time ministry and the Lord lined up a role that allowed me to use many of the gifts He has given me to honor Him alone. I am humbled to see how the Lord has used my acts of worship to bring His love and hope into the world. From holding a child who moments before was laying naked next to a river, or leading a team in experiencing Lesotho for the first time, I have embraced God’s grace and goodness every day.

As Abraham listened to God, I must do the same. The Lord is asking me to step away from my role at Beautiful Gate Lesotho, effective December 2016. This is a hard choice for me to make, but I must be obedient and listen to God, otherwise I am not fully worshipping Him. I am looking forward to serving at Beautiful Gate Lesotho for another 18 months. I couldn’t do this journey without all of your prayers and financial support. I still need to fund my last year with Beautiful Gate, so the journey isn’t over yet.

God provided for Abraham on the mountain and Isaac’s life was spared, because of this Abraham called the place “The Lord will provide” (Genesis 22:14). Currently I do not know what is next, but I know the Lord will provide, but only if I remain obedient to Him. He is my Jehovah Jireh. I covet your prayers during this time as I worship and wait for the Lord to show me the next step in His journey for me.


If you have any questions feel free to email me (christina.terpstra@gmail.com). I would love to share with you all the faithfulness of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. God will make a way. :)
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete