Monday, July 6, 2015

Dancing

I am back in da mitten. I landed Thursday after two great days of travel and hit the ground running right away. My plane touched down at 10:30 and I had a hair cut at 2, that has to be a record.

Currently my head is spinning with Michigan life, but all is well. I am enjoying seeing friends and family and being back with my 4 legged pal Joey. The last week at BG flew by. I was excited to fill my days with a team from Cross Point Church in Chino, California. The team was full of hard working servants. They did whatever needed to be done in record time, including painting a building in 4 hours. There are many things that stand out with this team, but the most was without a doubt the spiritual maturity of the team members. My favorite time was sitting with them in the evenings and hearing their heart's process what they were doing. They truly reminded why I do what I do. Thank you Cross Point. I am excited to see you guys in September where we can continue the journey. Whip it!!!!

I was excited that I made it home in time for my friend Leah's wedding Saturday. It was a picture perfect day on Mackinaw Island. What a day of celebration!!! I was nervous as I got to the island because I was so tired and I didn't know how I was going through the day, but then I saw my friend Leah and my heart filled with joy for her. After our "hello" I no longer was tired, but excited for whatever the day included. Which included lots of laughter and dancing. At the reception, Leah and I owned the dance floor. All those nights of dance parties in our pjs paid off because we had moves BETTER THAN JAGERS!!!!!!!

Today as I sit and think about what the Lord requires of us, I think back to Saturday. It is easy to see what the Lord wants. He wants us to be with those we love and dance through life. There will be days when your head spins and you don't know what to do, but you need to find moments to dance. You need to find moments to let go and just breathe.

Transition isn't easy. I can't even begin to explain how empty my arms feel and how I long to just hold a child right now, but I am pressing on, because the Lord wants me to dance. Right now I feel like I need to take time to be the child and rest in my Abba's arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment