Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Power of the Tongue

Words can be used to build up and tear down. Words are sharper than knifes at times. Recently there have been words said against the character and work of myself and my friends Bryan and Anita Geurink. We have gone on in silence praying that the truth of what was said will come out. As of late, it seems that hasn't happened and the harsh words are only getting harsher.

I ask you tonight to pray for Bryan, Anita and myself. Pray that we have the strength to face the situation we are facing. I do not want or feel the need to go into detail here, because that would only cause more gossip and hurt. I only ask that you pray for truth. Pray that we can beat the lies of the satan and continue to boldly proclaim God's love, grace and hope to those we meet.

I am very weak right. Weak to the point I am not sure how to write this blog, but I know it must be done. I leave you with 2 scriptures to pray and think about as well as the link to Anita's blog.

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." Ephesians 4:29

"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,  not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." Hebrews 10:23-25

http://ourbeautifulmission.blogspot.com


5 comments:

  1. My heart hurts to think of you and the Geurink's having to deal with people who have no idea what their words can do. All I can say is I will pray with and for; God knows and sometimes that is all we can hold on to. Peace my friend!! Danell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and Truth have already won! Praying for you dear one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let the words win! God has big plans for you all. Your love for BG and the children is contagious, you are a bright light shining for the staff and children, don't let satan blow it out!! 😊 praying for you all friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for truth, peace, love, and wisdom!
    Ken and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proverbs 16
    Love,
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete