Monday, February 9, 2015

Sovereign

This past week was...

That is really all I have to say. There were moments of deep sorrow and moments of joy. There were moments of weeping and moments of laughter. At the end of the week I was tired, but there was hope.

When you face a tragedy, you have a choice. Stay in it, or praise God through it. That is a hard choice to make when a life was taken so young and there are so many questions as to "why." The heartache for my friends in Michigan is deep. I want to wrap my arms around them. I want to cry with them. But more than anything, I want to praise God with them. I want to show the world that Zach's precious life had so much value and weight because of the cross. I want the world to know that Zach is much more alive than any of us here on earth and for that I praise God.

The scripture that Lori, Zach's mom shared at his service was Habakkuk 3:17-19 "Though the fig tree should not blossom nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herds in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. GOD the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places."

Even though we have sorrow, we praise God. We praise HIM for He is our strength and He is sovereign.

A friend of mine posted a song on her Facebook page and I feel in love with the richness of the lyrics.

"Even what the enemy means for evil, You turn it for our good.
You turn it for our good and Your glory.
Even in the valley you are faithful, You're working for our good.
You're working for our good and Your glory.

Your plans are still to prosper.
You have not forgotten us.
You are with us in the fire and the flood
Faithful forever and perfect in love
You are sovereign over us." (Aaron Keyes)

Today at Beautiful Gate we rejoice in God's sovereignty. One of our children that has been on a feeding tube for quite some time, has had the tube removed. We praise God for His faithfulness and the growth in this child.

No comments:

Post a Comment