Thursday, March 20, 2014

Humbled

The past three days, I have been putting gin a lot of overtime at the office, but the reason for it is so good, I would work 24 hours a day to accomplish the goal. I am so incredibly honored and humbled that the Lord would use me in this way.

About 10 years ago, I started goofing around with Power Point and video production. I wanted to be able to use it as a tool in worship services and youth group to show God's word in a visual way. As a visual learner, I knew how important it is to see something and have it click in your mind. The Lord took this tool and grew it. I was able to make videos for local events, school functions and a lot of things at church. In 2009, I was able to use the gift with Beautiful Gate and it has grown over the years because of that. Just sharing stories about these children is one thing, showing a person the children and hearing their laughter and voice is a powerful way to express what God is doing here in Lesotho.

This year, my video to-do list has been growing. So many projects and things to do. There was a point when I looked at Bryan and told him that all my videos look the same, because I am doing so many. I was feeling burned out with them. I wanted to change them some how but didn't know what to do. Last week we had a pediatric physical therapist on campus from Mississippi looking at our children. I was able to film her with the kids and now we have a 40 minute video for long term volunteers to see and be trained on how to help our children who are delayed. It was a good start to the week because God used a talent He had given me to help someone else.

On Monday Bryan asked if I would put together a special video. When he told me about it, it was hard not to tear up a little. One of our children who has special needs is being looked at by a family for adoption. This family wanted to know the child's specific needs and the severity of them before they would commit to saying yes or no. On Tuesday I filmed the child doing specific tasks. It was a joy to see how far this child has come over the past year. Their determination is a miracle to watch, I glad I was behind the camera, because a few times I had to wipe away the tears. With every task we asked, the child not only did it, but most of the time took it a step farther. I felt as if they were saying, "I can do that no problem. Give me something that is a challenge." Tuesday afternoon I sat at my computer and put together a video that is being sent off to the family.

I never thought that 10 years ago, God could take a hobby and use it for something as big as this. I am COMPLETELY humbled and honored that He would use me in this way. All the honor and glory goes to Him. If I have to work 24 hour days, so that families who are willing to take a child with special needs can "see" the children and discover the joy God has for them, I will do it!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's so great when God uses our passions and gifts for His kingdom....what a team you make!
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has a plan and purpose for you but sometimes is takes time (10 years) to develop your gifts and skills to be used at just the right time. Thanks for being a blessing even during the developing time! :) Rhonda B

    ReplyDelete