Thursday, February 11, 2016

JOY

Each day I sit in my office, I look out over the campus and see joy. The children here are overflowing with God's joy. Yes there are moments of fighting and typical things when you have 65 children in one space, but the laughter you here and the huge smiles makes up for all of that.

Yesterday I went into South Africa to run some errands. I left before everyone was moving around BG, so I didn't get to se the children. When I arrived back to BG at 4, the children came running to me. It was like I had been gone for 6 months, not 8 hours. There are two boys here, 3 year old twins, who have a special place in my heart. They were the first to me, demanding many kisses and squeezing me hard with their hugs. I cannot even begin to explain how great it felt. The rest of the afternoon, those two would not let me out of their sight.

Last night, as I reflected about my warm welcome, I couldn't help but think of God's love for us. He purses us every moment of every day and if there is a moment when we walk away from him, the second we take one step towards him, he runs to use and holds us tights and lavishes his love over us. The comforting thing though is that if we take a step away, he never takes his eye off of us, because God is everywhere. There is no where we can go away from His presence. This is comforting to me in the moments when children leave BG. We do not know what their future holds, but one thing I do know, is that the Lord will never leave them.

There is so much JOY in that!


No comments:

Post a Comment