Tuesday, June 24, 2014

6 Months...ALREADY!!!!!

I am stunned that it has been six months already. I am filled with a lot of mixed emotions as I prepare to fly back to Michigan next week. I am excited to see my family and friends and enjoy the warmth of the Michigan summer, but in order to experience that, I have to say goodbye to Lesotho. It is not fun to do. The staff and volunteers are my friends. The children are mine. The Geurinks are my family. When I return in January, I never know which children will still be here, so I must prepare to say goodbye to all of them. The next few days are going to be filled with finishing up projects, packing and saying goodbye.

The reason why it is so hard to say goodbye, is because BG is a very special place. When you are here, you experience God. You hear His joy through the children's laughter. You experience His love by watching the staff care for the children as if they are their own. I feel as though these children are mine. When one of then gives me a cheeky grin and jokes around, I feel pride in my heart for them. When they are sick or hurt, I hurt and want to do whatever it takes so they can get better. I celebrate the first steps I get to see, but then mourn for the families that are waiting through paperwork and court dates for these children to be theirs. The emotions with this job are full, but they are so good.

We have had a lot of teams over the past 6 months. Through this I have seen how the children truly trust me. The children love new friends, but some of them are a little nervous at first. Knowing that in those moments they come to me for security was such a highlight for me. Also through these teams I learned how much I love sharing the Word. Some teams allowed me to come in each night and open up the Word with them. There is power when brothers and sisters in Christ come together to grow, learn and serve our Abba. Last week we had a team from Holland Christian High School with us and one of the students snapped this photo of me with one of the boys in the house I work at.

 
This child joined us 2 weeks ago. He was found in a trash bag. I praise God for allowing me to be apart of his life. He loves to cuddle and just started showing us his beautiful smile. I pray for him and the other children here that they know they are loved by an Abba Daddy, who will never leave them or forsake them. May God be their father both now and forever more. 

Thank you all for your prayers, support and encouragement. I pray that through the journey God has placed me on, you can see Him and only HIM. All praise and glory goes to my Abba.

"I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back.
I have decided to follow Jesus no turning back, no turning back.
The cross before me, the world behind me no turning back, no turning back.
The cross before me, the world behind me, no turning back, no turning back.
Christ is enough for me."

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying that God will wrap His loving arms of comfort and assurance around you and around all those you will be leaving behind for this next six months. I know you will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to see you soon but sad you have to leave your kids. Travel safely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture speaks a thousand words. Thank you for serving. May God bless you for following Him and using the gifts that He has given you to share with BG!
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete