Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Grateful

Hello all, I am back to the world of blogging. I can't promise you how often I will post, but I want to use this blog as a way to keep my supporters and followers up to date with me and my new role at Beautiful Gate - Lesotho.

I just got back from a 2 week trip to BG with the girls varsity basketball team from Holland Christian High School. It was so amazing for me to experience Lesotho through 14 new pairs of eyes and stand in awe all over again of God's creation and the ways He continues to care for His people. While in Lesotho I was overwhelmed with the many things I take for granted in life. Everywhere I went I saw God's fingerprint and in those moments I needed to stop and thank Him for what He continues to do with His body.

I am grateful for the breath that fills my lungs and allows me to live life without being hooked up to an oxygen machine.

I am grateful for God's grace that takes away any sight of wrong and gives me the confidence to keep going.

I am grateful for new hearts that have been broken to God's plan of love and acceptance fro everyone He created.

I am grateful for families who desire to fight against child abandonment and welcome children into their family as their own.

I am grateful for clean water.

I am grateful that I am surrounded by people who understand my convictions and support me in bringing HOPE to these precious children.

I am grateful for missionary support that allows me to pursue the calling that God has on my life.

I am grateful for times of testing, because they make the desire to keep going on stronger and the joy of celebration richer.

I am grateful for laughter. Laughter through conversation. Laughter during board games. Laughter overflowing through life.

I am grateful for relationships that get stronger the longer they are apart.

I am grateful for the times my arms were full of children needing to be cuddled or played with because it just felt right.

I am grateful for you. I am grateful that you have taken the time to read this blog and join me in the fight to bring HOPE to so many people in this world.

May we all join together in loving on those around us. May we never forget how special God created all of us and gave us each a purpose and role in His Kingdom plan.

2 comments:

  1. I anm grateful for the blessing of YOU in my life...and Olivia's life! Thanks for Choosing JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am grateful that you have answered God's call by getting more involved with BG. Looking forward to the way God will move in your life through this new position!

    ReplyDelete