Saturday, April 21, 2012

Here I Am

There are moments in life that you want to slow down and take in every fiber of them.  There are also moments that you want to fast forward through and be done with.  Right now I am doing both, and the joy is I am finding God in both.

God has given me so much peace about my new role for Beautiful Gate.  He has shown me that every path I walked down in life has brought me to this place.  He has revealed Himself to me in ways that I have felt His provision and strength not only filling my body, but OVERFLOWING in my body. It is in these moments that I want to move slowly, so I don't miss any part of who God is and how is going to use me.

There are also moments I want to fast forward through, so I can be fulling working for Beautiful Gate, instead of juggling school, Starbucks and Beautiful Gate work.  I know the day will come when this will happen, and I am trusting that it will happen in His time, not mine.  But through juggling, I am able to share my journey with my classmates, co-workers and customers and through that, I am seeing God put more pieces in His puzzle of my life.

Above all, I want to make God smile. Psalm 40:7-8 says, "Then I said, 'Here I am, I have come—it is written about me in the scroll.  I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.'" This is where I am right now. I have said HERE I AM and now I desire to do God's will and nothing else.  

Today I had two fund raising events for Beautiful Gate.  One was a car wash and the other an auction/dinner.  My role was different in each.  The car wash was for my upcoming trip the the team from Holland Christian.  My role was easy...wash cars.  At the dinner, which was for another team from the Holland area that will be going in October, my role was to represent Beautiful Gate and share my heart by encouraging others to lead.  Tonight, I have to smile and praise God for the amazing day He has given me.  I still can't believe that this is the next chapter in my life and I am so honored to be a part of God's great plan.

Here am I Lord. Send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment