Tuesday, May 11, 2010

what a difference a week makes!!!

So last week I asked you all to pray for a 6 month old boy that was brought to BG very malnourished and in bad shape. People prayed, God answered. A week ago I feed him with a syringe, today he was holding his own bottle. A week ago his eyes were very cloudy and never tracked with anyone, today his big, bright brown eyes followed me around the room. A week ago he didn't have enough energy to cry, today we laughed together. A week ago he hated being held, today he cried when I put him down. God has showed me what a lot of love and care can do for a child, it can change their life.

My friend Bryan has been at BG this week. It has been great to have a little piece of home here. I love being able to chat with him about what is going on in Zeeland, but I also love just watching him get his hands dirty for the kingdom. He has been in the office most of the week and I could see him getting tired. Today I left one of the baby houses and was looking for one of my roommates. I went into the playgroup room and found Bryan reading a book to about 3 kids. It just brought a smile to my face. Thank you Bryan for being the hands and feet of Christ here at BG!!!!!

I have heard from so many people this week about how they love to read this blog. I am pretty humbled by those words. I never thought of myself as a good writer and only set up this blog so I was forced to journal about this trip. It has become my prayer though, that those who read it don't see me, but see the work God is doing. My hands are too weak to serve, but His strength makes me unstoppable to love these precious children.

I can't thank you all enough for your words of encouragement. I love getting emails and messages from people, it is a huge highlight to my day!!!

love to you all from Lesotho

3 comments:

  1. Wow... praise God for answered prayers for this boy! And thank you for sharing your stories of what God is doing!!! He is SO GOOD!!!!! Love you! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! It was so great to hear about this little boy. Isn't it amazing what God can do when his people pray? Yeah God!
    I do love your blog, and yeah for blogging more often. :)
    We miss you and love you!
    Becky and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the blogs. It is so great to read what you are doing there with Gods' help. It was awesome to read about the little one from the hospital. God does answer prayers for all of us. Thank you and we will keep on praying for you and BG.

    Betty K

    ReplyDelete