Sunday, April 10, 2016

Reflections

This past week it has been great having a team from Haven Church (Michigan, USA) at Beautiful Gate. Haven has been my home church for 16 years and it is always nice to have them here. The Haven team marked a few transitions points for me.

First, it was the first team that Tyler lead and I supported him. I found many moments throughout the week that I just stood back and was so proud of the way he was leading. Once again it was very clear that me stepping away from BG was God's plan so that Tyler could step into the North American Ambassador role.

Also, my first time ever in Lesotho was on a team from Haven in October of 2009. It was a great experience then and the Lord has continued to show how love and faithfulness to me throughout the past seven years. As I watched the leaders of my first trip, Keith and Lori Kroll, continuing to do what they always do with teams, which is give people opportunities to experience our Abba in Lesotho, I remembered the moments of my first trip. I remember being nervous, excited, apprehensive and ready to soak in what the Lord had for me. (Yes in Lesotho it is normal to experience every emotion, even opposite ones all at the same time.) This year's team went to the same places we did in 2009 and there were many moments when I had to catch my breath because I saw God's path come full circle for me. One of those places we went to was the village of Semonkong, but the journey was different. On my first trip we never made it to the Maletsunyane falls. Since 2009, I have had the privilege of being at the falls on different occasions, but Lori and I always joked that we needed to redeem the first trip and go together. As I sat watching the water pour over the top of the fall and making the 630 foot drop to the bottom, I thought about the overwhelming feeling of having God's faithfulness pour over you. When I sit back and think about the past seven years and the journey the Lord has had me on, that is the one word that I can use to describe Him...faithful.

I know that in the next 3 months I will have many experiences like with team, when I see God's plan and path clearly laid out. I see the joyful and the sorrow. I see the brilliance and the diminished times of His presence. Over all I see His amazing mercy that has poured over me and will continue to pour over me no matter where the path leads after December. I am so humbled and honored that the Lord chose me, a sinful woman, to walk this journey and worship Him through it.


1 comment:

  1. Even though we work next to one another, I know how nice a blog comment is :)
    Yes, His faithfulness, mercy and love are so evident here. And they will be in Michigan too! He will provide direction and peace as He always does!
    Karen B.

    ReplyDelete