Monday, April 27, 2015

Not Done!

I will be honest, the past month I have not been in a great place. I love what I do. I love who I am surrounded by, but I feel as though I have not been freely living. I struggle with things around me that should be different. I struggle with not feeling a part of a church in Lesotho. It is so hard. I feel that even though I am happy, I have not been living joyful. There is a huge difference in that.

This weekend I was able to led an IF:Gathering in Lesotho. For those of you who do not know, IF is an organization that gathers, equips and unleashes women for God's purposes. There were 18 missionary women who came both Friday and Saturday. It was a great time of worship, conversation and listening to God's word spoken through the obedient speakers that we watched via the videos of the February Gathering that happened in the States.

The theme of the weekend was the life of Joshua. 12 men were sent out and only 2 completely opened their hands and hearts to God's plan. The question that I kept asking myself is "Am I one of the 2 or one of the 10?" I want to be bold for God. I want to be courageous, but all too often I feel as though I am just doing the minimum requirements and not fully living into the promises that He has given me. There are over 130 promises in the Bible that are written for each of us. Why are we not claiming them over our lives and the lives of those that we see everyday? The apostle Paul says that every promise for us is "yes and amen." So why am I not doing this?

I think a big part is exhaustion. I am just plan tired. Every where I look there are needs and this is not only in Lesotho, but in North American as well. The other day I was doing dishes and looking out the window. The community kids were gathering like they always do and I waved and said hi. Then their normal conversation started. "Ausi Christina, give me the sweets." "Ausi Christina, give me the money." "Ausi Christina, give me the paper." Most of the time I can smile and ignore the requests they have, but that day I needed to walk away. I couldn't hear the requests, because I had nothing to give. (Just so you know I rarely do give them anything.) Then I thought of Christ. Does He want to walk away from us when our prayers to him sound like the community children's conversation. "Lord give me..."

After spending time with other daughters of the KING this weekend I decided that I need to let go of the excuse of being tired and continue to bring His promises to those around me. Yes there are needs all over and it is hard to decide which ones to act on, but we can't give up. We need to act. As one of the speakers this weekend said, "As long as you have a beat in your chest you are not done!" Yes, there will be days when you are tired, but don't allow it to overtake the task at hand. Be bold and courageous, because people's eternity are depending on your steps of faith.

I don't want to walk away from the need. I want to serve! I don't want to ignore, I want to encourage! I don't want to close my eyes and ears to those around me, because Christ doesn't do that for me. May we all see who is around us and reach out to them. Surprise someone with a meal and conversation. Gather your kids and go and serve someone be cleaning up their yard or windows. it doesn't take a lot to bring hope to those that need it. But is also doesn't take a lot to ignore the hope that people need and do nothing at all. Don't let your excuses, hinder the love you can show!

For give me Father for not claiming your promises and serving those around me, because I didn't claim your strength.

My heart is beating therefore, I must do something!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen sister! Good reminders for all of us! Thank you!
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete