Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Richness

The Word of the Lord is rich...
The Word of the Lord is pure...
The Word of the Lord is true...

Over the past few months, I have changed from just reading the Word to craving it, dwelling in it and devouring it. I just love sitting with the Lord and soaking in more of Him through the scriptures. Now I will be honest and there moments when my day passes and the Word hasn't been opened. There are days when I read a chapter and wonder, "what am I suppose to do with that?" But more often than not the moments I sit, relax and calm myself at the feet of my Father with His handbook, I find exactly what I stood in need of, even if I didn't know I needed it.

With teams, I love to sit in the evenings and just talk with them about their day and open up the Word and grow with them. When you work with so many people from different cultures, backgrounds and personalities it can get overwhelming, but when you open up the Word, there is a true commonality that you all share. In preparing for the Haven team that was just here I had a full week of things planned. I was excited and ready about it and then tragedy hit in Michigan and I was no longer just talking to a team, but I was talking to my family who was hurting. I scratched the whole week's lessons and prayed. "Lord show me where to take them. Point me in your direction. Make me visible and your Word completely visible!" I love how God works when you sit and place your open ands in front of Him.

The Lord pointed me John 1 and for a week as a broken body we opened up the Word and saw the hope that only comes through the Lord. For myself, it didn't matter if we were at BG or in a room light only by one candle or on the side of the mountain, the Lord showed Himself to me. I am so glad the Lord had us soak in the first 18 verses of John 1. To me it seemed that everyday the Lord showed me more of Him. It was amazing.

"The light shines in the darkness an the darkness has not overcome it." (John 1:5)

"The Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

"For from his fullness we have receive grace upon grace." (John 1:16)

When was the last time you dwelt with the Lord and His Word? When was the last time you craved to be still with the Word? It isn't easy. It takes disciple. It takes courage. It takes time. But when it is done, your heart rejoices and sees the rest of the Lord's creation through His eyes. I will be honest with you all, I have been doing ministry since I was 19 years old and it hasn't been until the last year and half where I love just being in the Word.

For those of you who are struggling with it...Keep going. Keep seeking. Keep opening it. Keep dwelling in the Lord's promises for you. One day it will all feel natural.

And once you have dwelled, SHARE IT!!!!! Do not keep this treasure to yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment