Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Meeting Needs

This time of year is always overwhelming. Everyone has a list, not just santa! There are things that need to get done, gifts that need to be purchased, people that you desire to see and work that needs to be completed before the end of the year.

In October, Bryan (Director of BG) sent me an email about a new child that they received. This child had a special need that BG could help with and didn't think twice when they came to the campus. The need was simple, hearing aids. The price was something that BG didn't have, but they won't allow this child to miss out because of a dollar amount. Bryan went ahead and covered the cost of the hearing aids from the budget and then sent me a note. "Can you raise this money?" Because of the growing interest of BG in my home town and the out pouring of gifts from people there, I didn't feel comfortable contacting anyone that already gives to BG, because they already give so much. I sat for a week and just prayed, "God I know you can fulfill this need. Show me who you are going to use to do it." The next week I was presenting at a new church. I was reassured time and time again to simply present the need. I chose not to share the exact amount, but told the congregation that there was a child who needed to hear and they could help. At the end of the night they counted the offering for BG and it was $600. The cost of the hearing aids were approximately $600.

THE LORD MET THE NEED!!!!!

I share this story with you today to let you know that all around you there are lists and needs that need to be met. There are moments when we feel pressured and want to help, but there are so many good causes around us, how do we chose which one is right. It is a tough journey. I feel it too. In moments like this don't give up and do nothing, because you are overwhelmed. Simply take some time to quiet yourself before God and allow Him to show you which need He is choosing to use you to meet. Somewhere in the world there is a need created specifically for you to meet. Don't allow it to go unnoticed.


2 comments:

  1. This made me cry as I was again reminded how HE has always provided when I step out in obedience. Continue striving as you look to The One who always provides exactly enough at exactly the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this story! It is so encouraging. And thank you for caring for this little boy.

    ReplyDelete