Friday, April 11, 2014

I'm Still Alive

So many things have happened the past few weeks, I am not even sure how to update you all. Life has been so full. Here are a few...

Haven Team...BG was blessed to have a team from my home church serving here. It was so good to see 21 people from my Michigan home, serving in my Lesotho home. It was the first time my two worlds collided. What a joy it was to introduce them to my kids and see their hearts become softened to Lesotho. While they were here they experienced the reality of the job that is hard to explain. We had a child dropped off at BG and then picked up a few days later by the same person that abandoned him. We also had 2 of our children reunited with their family and we were forced to say goodbye. My heart was not ready to say goodbye to them, even though I know having them in a family is the goal. Even though they saw the reality of the "hellos and goodbyes" it was great having people here that can now better grasp our daily comings and goings.

Weekend Away...The morning the Haven team left, the Geurinks and I went to South Africa for the weekend. We joined friends and fellow missionaries for a peaceful weekend away. What a joy it was to sit on the side of the mountain and simply take in God. In the evening we shared a meal and laughed A LOT over many games of euchre. Each day I am blown away that I get to serve God in a beautiful place with beautiful people. I can't imagine doing this without Bryan and Anita. We are a team. Meeting and getting to know the hearts of other servants of God also a treat. The Danforth family, who we hung out with, have become great friends and brothers and sisters in Christ. No matter where God leads us, we will all be connected through the cross of Jesus.

Strategic Planning...Wednesday and Thursday, the management team of BG got off campus and went to dream, discuss and pray for the future of BG. It was humbled to be a part of these meetings. The team opened up their hearts and minds and came up with a plan for where we feel God is leading BG. I pray that He still uses me to allow His vision to be carried out.

Mountain Time...The past month flew by. I literally have no idea what happen to the month of March and it is already April 11. The strategic planning meeting happened off campus in the mountains. It was great to drive through God's beauty in the mountains that we don't see in Maseru and take in His majesty. Thursday morning I woke up early and sat on a bench to watch the sunrise over the mountain tops. What a peaceful thing. The second the sun hit the top peak, it's rays out stretched out and every inch of the mountain was covered with it's light. It reminded me how every square inch of this world is covered by the SON. Wherever I go, and wherever the Lord leads, I will be with Him.

1 comment:

  1. Ah the goodness of the Lord...such joy! Thanks for sharing :)
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete