Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall in Michigan

Fall in Michigan is one of my most favorite things on this planet.  Sunday I drove to Chicago to surprise a former volunteer at BG.  The drive was so beautiful.  The highway was lined with trees of green, red, yellow and ORANGE. It was such a peaceful drive just me and God.  The Geurinks and I met up in Chicago and Anita and I had a great overslept visit with Paige who was at BG for 8 months last year.  We had a great time together updating about each others lives and talking about BG.  The drive home was even better than the drive there, because it was filled with conversations about life between Anita and I.  After this summer, we have figured out that we are really good road trip partners. :)

Last night I had the opportunity to share BG with people at Drenthe CRC in Zeeland, MI.  I served as the Director of Student Ministries at Drenthe from July 1999 to January 2001.  It was fun seeing familiar faces and updating them as to where God has placed me.  It is weird for me to think how long ago I was at Drenthe and everything that God has done since then.  To put it into perspective, the high school seniors were 4 years old when I was at Drenthe and had no idea who I was.  My life and faith journey have grown immensely since 1999.  God has stretched my heart and outlook on a lot of different issues.  He has made me crave His Word and allowed me to reach out to children who some feel are not worth more than a discarded candy wrapper. He is so good!!

I can't believe how fast my time has flow by.  Before I know it, it will be January 6 and I will be getting on a plane and heading back to Africa.  I am so ready to see the children and staff again.  I had lunch yesterday with two volunteers that just got back from Lesotho.  It was so good to hear about the children's lives and the fun stories of what they are doing.  It definitely sparked in me a desire to want to run onto BG's campus and hug every single child and staff member.

My calendar has been so full since being home.  To give you an example, after speaking at Drenthe last night, I was able to book another speaking engagement at a church in Holland.  It has been such an honor sharing about BG to so many new people.  Because my calendar has been so full and I need to get prepared for Africa again, I will be taking the month of December off to spend time with my family and friends.  I want to invest in them, because they have done so much to invest in me. 

If you are still desiring a BG presentation, or meeting with me, please contact me soon so we can book something before December 1. 

Tumelo...Tsepo...Lerato
Faith...Hope...Love

2 comments:

  1. so thankful for you...good day for a nap my friend! :) last night was all that i hoped it would be...thank you for being you! blessings on your day/weekend...hope to see you in november!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be used by Him!
    Karen B

    ReplyDelete